Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gleeful


I know that the Glee finale was a week ago, but it just begs to be discussed. Especially since today is the first Wednesday I've had to deal with the withdrawal of an ended season. But the finale was so, SO good. The songs were...oh, simply amazing. Don't Rain On My Parade in particular. Rachel far too similar to Idina Menzel for her own good. And I really loved the judges.

10 Reasons Why I Love Glee:

1. The fact that I didn't know anyone's name for the majority of the season. To me, the cast was Main Guy, Big Red, Idina Menzel, Gay Kid, Big Black Girl, Crazy Wife, Preggo, Asian Girl, Other Asian, Ugly Cheerleader, Mohawk, etc. I'm getting better though.
2. Puck has a beautiful soul. And face.
3. Midsummer Night's Dream reference. (A devilish Puck who causes relationship problems for young lovers? Hooray!
4. How The-Cheerleader-Who's-In-Glee-Club-Not-The-Pregnant-One (I honestly can't remember her name) has very few lines, but everything she says is funny.
5. Finn and Quinn. They rhyme!
6. The unique names. (Finn, Quinn, Puck, Santana...)
7. Sue's threats. "I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face."
8. Kurt. Just Kurt. He is a beautiful soul.
9. The way the other Asian is just called "Other Asian."
And finally...
10. The awesome selection of music!

Let me also say that my all-time favorite parts of Glee were the parts with Kristen Chenoweth guest-starring.


No comments:

Post a Comment