Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cinema Italiano



If you were ever trying to decide on a movie to watch, and thought to yourself, "Hm, I'd really like to watch something musical, sexy, and very Italian," I'd recommend Nine. Especially if you're a fan of Chicago. However, if you don't like musicals, or if plot is very important to you, I'd probably stay away from this one.

The star of the show (in my opinion, at least) was Fergie in the role of Saraghina, a insanely fierce Italian-sea-gypsy-prostitute. I only assume she's a prostitute because when given money, she performed a sexy dance with a lot of women, a lot of chairs, and a lot of sand.

All of the women were fantastic. Fergie was fierce, Marion Cotillard was adorable, Judi Dench was awesome, Penelope Cruz was just...Penelope Cruz. There were a lot of Italian accents flying around, and the costumes were all to die for. Definitely made my Top Movie List.

It did get bad reviews, and I suppose that's because there's only a small window of people who like that kind of hot mess musical. For those in that window, it was wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment