Saturday, February 27, 2010

Movies About Hotels Are Always Scary


In keeping with my recent mood, I spent last night on Marilyn Monroe movies: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Don't Bother To Knock. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was exactly what I expected, lighthearted and cute and wonderful, so I'm going to focus on Don't Bother To Knock for now.

It started off very slow, so my thought pattern was, "What's going on?...Okay, unrequited love, that's cute...Hm, that guy looks suspicious...He's creepy, I bet he's the bad guy...Wait a second, Marilyn Monroe is COMPLETELY INSANE." I was kind of emotionally traumatized in a very good way. This is an excellent movie to watch for anyone who doubts her acting abilities, even though it's a bit crazy. We can all imagine how difficult it is to play the part of a suicidal, homicidal, delusional maniac and still look gorgeous doing it.
...
(Side note: Alice in Wonderland opens next week. So excited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment