Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh my gods!



Just got back from seeing Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I was very excited, since I just finished reading the books. Here's my review.
...
1. Percy (played by Logan Lerman) is a beautiful, beautiful person. And, surprisingly, a good actor.
...
2. Annabeth (played by Alexandra Daddario) annoyed me before she even spoke. Her eyes...they just freaked me out. So much staring. She was the only one in the movie who couldn't really act.
...
3. I don't think the person who wrote the movie actually read the book.
...
4. Medusa (played by Uma Thurman) was so seductive. If she had told me to look into her eyes, I would have, no questions asked. Regardless of the snakes or the fact that it would turn me to stone. I especially liked her leather jacket.
...
5. Grover (Brandon T. Jackson) was awesome. He was so...hyperactive-black-stereotype.
...
6. Honestly, I wouldn't mind being trapped in the firey pits of Hades if Rosario Dawson was there. She was stunning as Persephone. Highlight of the movie. And I'm definitely not saying that just because I'm a fan of her already. Maybe.
...
7. James Bond as a centaur? Awesome.
...
8. I could not identify any of the gods' accents. I think the director just said, "Talk in an accent" and they all made one up.
...
9. The drug trip at the Lotus Hotel was a nice touch. Very nice allusion to the Odyssey.
...
10. Hades was supposed to be this sexy guy with long black hair and white skin. But, instead, he was that scruffy guy in the picture on the top. I would have been disappointed, but he did have a very nice voice. But still. He's not a very awe-inspiring Lord of Darkness.
...
I know it seems like I didn't like the movie, but I was actually very amused and did enjoy it. It's one of those movies that I'll probably see multiple times just for certain scenes that I liked (i.e. Hades)
...
Oh P.S. I also really loved the Ferryman, played by Julian Richings. He had the same monotone uncaringness covered by Alan Rickman in Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment